It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 SUGGESTION: For Silk - Nestalgia 2 

Post SUGGESTION: For Silk - Nestalgia 2
This is just my opinion, :D but what I would like to see from silk is the Key of the Exiles. :hai: wait now hear me out, I think the problem behind the lack of release is meshing the KoE content into the old Nestalgia content. I'd rather you guys release KoE as a sequel and balance it be a whole new game. Make it another game with a level 32 cap (or somewhere close to) but continue the story line from the first game. You could sell it as a sequel and this way you wouldn't be bogged down with old systems, transferring old saves and what not. It would upset some people I'm sure but they would buy the sequel just like me when it comes down to it. I've bought 5 copies of the first game (plus lifetime sub on byond) and I would buy a copy of the second game. Just food for thought, when silk was really active a few years ago it seemed to me like they were too busy transferring saves and working on the back end of the game, it runs much better now thanks but the player base is bored with the content thats why everyone's left. maybe make an statement saying you are sorry but you must announce the end of nestalgia, but then announce the sequel (which will be nestalgia+KoE+_extra content_ you add). You could use the assets from the first game, just change the text, make a few new character classes, add in the KoE storyline. I really want to see the end of the story, ending in balzakia kind of sucks, so make a sequel! I bet you could find people who would do most of the work as a community project even, maybe make a contest for sprites and a kickstarter, bring back some heat to the game. Right now in my opinion nestalgia is just kind of dying a slow death, MAKE NESTALGIA 2!!
What do you guys think?? I know im sure you guys want the KoE content free, but that looks like it won't happen.
I would support silk! You should too! :rock:

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:35 am

Post Re: SUGGESTION: For Silk - Nestalgia 2
This is, quite frankly, one of the most terrible "suggestions" I've read on this, or indeed any other, forum. If the years of silence and quiet contempt from Silk thus far hasn't driven most people away for good; certainly taking our money and our time supporting this game and KotE's only to turn around and sell it back to us again would drive off the rest of us.

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:57 am
Profile YIM

>it runs much better now

My character has been unable to walk, or navigate menus, or play the game on either keyboard or gamepad mode, for over a year. My account has been frozen including reinstalls between computers. I use the game as a chatroom now about once every six months.

Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:14 am

blacksniper wrote:
This is, quite frankly, one of the most terrible "suggestions" I've read on this, or indeed any other, forum. If the years of silence and quiet contempt from Silk thus far hasn't driven most people away for good; certainly taking our money and our time supporting this game and KotE's only to turn around and sell it back to us again would drive off the rest of us.

well, I didn't mean he to re-sell us the old game, I just meant he could recycle a lot of the material (maps, sprites, music, etc) to start a sequel. Maybe he could start a kickstarter for the DLC if it's a funding issue, my point was there are backers. Anyway it's pointless to say because it will just fall on deaf ears, it was just wishful thinking more than anything.

Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:25 pm

Wolf619 wrote:
blacksniper wrote:

well, I didn't mean he to re-sell us the old game, I just meant he could recycle a lot of the material (maps, sprites, music, etc) to start a sequel. Maybe he could start a kickstarter for the DLC if it's a funding issue, my point was there are backers. Anyway it's pointless to say because it will just fall on deaf ears, it was just wishful thinking more than anything.

He'd need to deliver the product the last fundraiser promised first.

Taking money for something and then not delivering it has a name. Oh man, it's on the tip of my tongue...

Oh yeah, theft.

This might just be the coolest thing ever.

Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:52 am

yeah you guys do have some points.. it's too bad.. ;(

Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]