It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:38 am



Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 no news on content update ? 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 41
Post no news on content update ?
so been a player/user for some time. been hidding here in the shadows of the forum wating on the big " content " update. and was just curius if there was any news on it ? whats new ? whats going on ? hell hows life ? alot of people may of allready asked this but. i thought i would lash the dead horse agine and see if any new flys come off it :D so to speak.


Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 115
Location: Texas
Post Re: no news on content update ?
Was supose to be out by end of summer but Silk and the team have disappeared for months now. So far, it looks like it won't happen anytime soon. Same as what it was last year.

_________________
Though we are weak, we aspire for greatness.
Though we are young, we aspire for experience.
Though we are but flesh, we aspire for immortality.


Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:32 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:36 am
Posts: 174
Post Re: no news on content update ?
Well, some update on the situation once in a while wouldn't be bad, after all.

_________________
iHeal, lvl 32 cleric (Algol).
iCash,lvl 32 merchant (Algol this one, too)


Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:17 am
Posts: 427
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Post Re: no news on content update ?
PLEASE REMAIN CALM AND STAY IN YOUR SEATS AT ALL TIMES.

_________________
Paul Brown (Mikau)
Silk Games: Staff Associate


Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:49 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2002 2:37 pm
Posts: 3302
Post Re: no news on content update ?
Considering that no bug fix reports have been posted in over two months, I think it's safe to assume that the game is not being worked on. Period.

Also, I'm speaking as an individual and not as part of the team. I really have no clue what's going on.


Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:55 am
Posts: 661
Post Re: no news on content update ?
My guess is that Silk is being a father and has put this project on the backburner until further notice. It's not the first time this has happened but it'd be nice to have an actual status update, even a quick patch with every little thing that's been fixed so far because I'm starting to lose track.


Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:37 pm
Posts: 189
Post Re: no news on content update ?
Blue Mettool wrote:
Considering that no bug fix reports have been posted in over two months, I think it's safe to assume that the game is not being worked on. Period.


This. It's one thing if 2.0 was vaporware. It's another thing entirely when 1.68.5 is a no-show.


Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:26 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 2:47 pm
Posts: 556
Post Re: no news on content update ?
Tamarsamar wrote:
Blue Mettool wrote:
Considering that no bug fix reports have been posted in over two months, I think it's safe to assume that the game is not being worked on. Period.


This. It's one thing if 2.0 was vaporware. It's another thing entirely when 1.68.5 is a no-show.


Especially since Spiff has said that 1.68.5 has some fixes to it already.


Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:53 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Posts: 85
Post Re: no news on content update ?
Can't Spiff or Balzack release some news then if Silk doesn't have time to work on Nestalgia ?

Aren't they part of the dev team ?


Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:19 pm
Posts: 1779
Post Re: no news on content update ?
Image

I could just say this was a snatch and grab. Promise content, change from free to play to single purchase, advertise, then just don't follow through on the content you promised. You all could tell me how he COULD be releasing it. However, if he was even planning to release Key of Exiles, it should have been out in 2012. At this point, it's pretty clear it is the same thing as "Acheron's Awakening". You know, that game Silk said he was gonna release, and...didn't. Oops.

_________________
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time.
Image
bruce says: (?) Evil & bruce? (?)


Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:29 am
Posts: 31
Post Re: no news on content update ?
Evil-Inuyasha wrote:
I could just say this was a snatch and grab. Promise content, change from free to play to single purchase, advertise, then just don't follow through on the content you promised. You all could tell me how he COULD be releasing it. However, if he was even planning to release Key of Exiles, it should have been out in 2012. At this point, it's pretty clear it is the same thing as "Acheron's Awakening". You know, that game Silk said he was gonna release, and...didn't. Oops.


If someone from the development team can refute this, please do. It's not so hard to take 5 minutes from your day to post an update to make the people following this game less anxious. It doesn't even have to be news about progress on the development front. Just a few words about how what Ebil here just said is wrong and how work will be continued at some point.

If BZ is the community manager, why isn't the community being managed? Is it that Silk told him not to? Maybe Silk was kidnapped by ninjas. Even though ninjas are pretty cool that would be a problem.

Please don't delete this thread, I'm asking nicely :angel:

_________________
V I want life ^to^ be beautiful V


Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:01 am
Posts: 1821
Location: Brinstar, Zebes
Post Re: no news on content update ?
Burnt Toast wrote:
Evil-Inuyasha wrote:
I could just say this was a snatch and grab. Promise content, change from free to play to single purchase, advertise, then just don't follow through on the content you promised. You all could tell me how he COULD be releasing it. However, if he was even planning to release Key of Exiles, it should have been out in 2012. At this point, it's pretty clear it is the same thing as "Acheron's Awakening". You know, that game Silk said he was gonna release, and...didn't. Oops.


If someone from the development team can refute this, please do. It's not so hard to take 5 minutes from your day to post an update to make the people following this game less anxious. It doesn't even have to be news about progress on the development front. Just a few words about how what Ebil here just said is wrong and how work will be continued at some point.

If BZ is the community manager, why isn't the community being managed? Is it that Silk told him not to? Maybe Silk was kidnapped by ninjas. Even though ninjas are pretty cool that would be a problem.

Please don't delete this thread, I'm asking nicely :angel:


You guys just agreed on something. Now that's amazing.


Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:37 pm
Posts: 189
Post Re: no news on content update ?
To be fair, Burnt was merely pleading Silk to prove Evil wrong.


Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:31 pm
Posts: 6237
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Re: no news on content update ?
I've been occupied on four different fronts:

1) Caring for a newborn
2) Managing film production projects that I made commitments to before the game was even Greenlit
3) Being on the road for literally an entire month out of the past three months
4) Dealing with some significant health issues that have left me functioning at greatly reduced capacity since May

Let's be frank: right now the only person who stands to tangibly benefit from the occasional bug patch and frequent blog posts is me. Most oldbies don't care about bug fixes and news updates - at this point all that they want is more content. Posting those fixes and blog posts right now would be a great way for me to keep up momentum and visibility in order to sell many more copies of the game to new players until the content expansion gets released. Therefore, comments like Evil's that allege some sort of "snatch and grab" with the initial Steam release are childish and idiotic. I have every incentive to continue posting regular patches and news tidbits - I've just been unable to do so.

I don't feel the need to occasionally check in on the forums to let you guys know that I'm alive because if you've spent any amount of time in the community then you know that the development of NEStalgia has always happened in fits and spurts (which certainly isn't an indie dev phenomena that is unique to Silk Games). I can't count how many times I've suggested/begged that oldbies stop sitting around watching for the pot to boil, so I certainly haven't been leading anyone on either. I've been nothing if not brutally honest.

I should also be clear that I'm not happy about the lack of action on my end; in addition to the dearth of progress on the game itself I'm behind on NEStalgia emails and by extension the commitments that I made to the Steam Fundraiser contributors last December. My goal is to get caught up on everything as soon as possible and to work like mad to get the content expansion out this Summer. My health has been my primary problem, and because that has markedly improved recently I'm hoping to dive back in to NEStalgia this week.

There isn't much more to say. You're all intelligent, discerning human beings, so it's up to you to decide if it's worth your time to keep waiting and checking in on NEStalgia.

_________________
Ben Mallahan (SilkWizard)
Silk Games: Lead Designer


Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:40 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:55 am
Posts: 661
Post Re: no news on content update ?
Thanks for the update Silk, but maybe you should reconsider imposing yourself deadlines like this considering your circumstances. There's always a difference between what you say you want for the game and what you actually manage to do, then people get frustrated or lose interest when you don't deliver in time which adds a lot of unnecessary pressure on your back and doesn't help the project's image you're aiming for. I'd recommend you just take things at your own pace and space out the next updates in such a way that development's not stalled by a huge backlog of fixed things that have yet to see the light of day.

On that note, I disagree about bug fixes being at the bottom of your longtime players' wishlists. It's important to have a stable build if you're going to push out more content later and it's safe to say that nobody wants a broken game. It's the kind of update that also keeps the ball rolling until you're ready to release your long anticipated expansion. I'd personally prefer to have my new content experience be as glitch-free as possible. I haven't been around as long as the people you mean but that's how I'd expect things to be prioritized.


Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:06 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.