[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Silk Games Forums - View topic - Silk should charge money for an exspansion
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Silk should charge money for an exspansion 

Post Silk should charge money for an exspansion
When i first bought NEStalgia it wasnt the "Never Pay for updates" that got me to buy it. I bought it due to the nature and feel of the game.

Years have passed with out new content and i will admit that I got my moneys worth. I would like to suggest that Silk should just scrap the whole "buy it once thing" and make a whole new stand alone either it being called NESTALGIA 2 or a new beginning .. And i feel that he should charge money for it.. and after words charge money for every other expansion following it..

The game is god dam perfect in my opinion. Silk should be compensated for the time spent out side of his everyday life working on the game and the games expendables..

I feel that it has been long enough that no one would have any problems paying for a new game with following expansions to be purchased..

Games now and days have pay to win options.. So if Silk charged $50 for a new game and $50 for every expansion.. I would pay it..

I feel that you all should support my suggestion as it may help Silk.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:02 am

Post Re: Silk should charge money for an exspansion
Alternate suggestion:

Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:44 am
Profile YIM

He already made a promise to free expansions. Not sure about the legality of it, but if he started charging I'm sure there'd be a lawsuit or two.

It's also been over a week (11/29/18) when he said Official would be online with bugfix updates... It's already February.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:55 am

Sir, you're not supposed to deep throat the boot.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:26 pm

Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:32 pm

I don't think I've disagreed with something so fully before. Nestagia has been around to different payment situations (first was free, but pay for perks/extra classes) and now it's pay once and only once. Secondly it's been literally years since an update, i'm not going to fault Silk for that, shit happens, but if the update eventually came out and we were asked to pay for it, i'd be sour.

There are other options. A patreon maybe? (you'd have to be active) Cosmetic items only? But I think paying for content updates is so far gone by now.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:10 am

Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:01 am

I wish there was a way to crowd fund something, that only gives them the money after they're done with the project.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:30 am

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]