It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Silk deleting posts about servers being down 

Post Re: Silk deleting posts about servers being down
Hi Silk, I think what everyone is saying is that we still all, Love You.

Please get well soon, we all miss playing together, and we can't wait to see the Kingdom you have built for us all.

Don't be such a stranger though, Nothing is ever wrong with saying Hi.

I hope your family is well too. Take care.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:04 am

I've never sent you an e-mail, and just based off of popping in and out of the forums or twitter every few weeks I came to the assumption that you've just pretty much given up on the game and everything to do with it. I've never ran a game before, so forgive me for coming to a logical conclusion as a player.

Silk wrote:
Yeah your understanding of that phrase is way off, but that’s irrelevant.

I'm sure it's not off, jointly agreeing on something and flexing to each other is surely a decent interpretation of the phrase. I wasn't there for the deleted post, but from what I gathered based off context of the title, it was a group of people (possibly) badmouthing you.

If that's not what happened, then sure I'm wrong. I shouldn't have even mentioned it mostly since I didn't even read the other thread.

Silk wrote:
I don’t owe you anything. You paid $15 or less for a computer game a long time ago, and you enjoyed it enough to keep tabs on it for six years running. Even my warnings and brutal honesty about the delay of the (free) content expansion haven’t been enough to dissuade you.

Don't think we're on the same page here, when I say you have given nothing - it means in terms of communication. Nobody knew what was going on, there was no communication to tell us that you still acknowledge that the few of us left exist. Not to discredit you after reading other replies, but something could have been said. Even an annual post would have been enough to subside at least myself. I'm sure you understand the frustration of seeing no communication for two years.

Silk wrote:
A handful of people who have an unhealthy obsession with this game have convinced themselves that I’m the enemy because development has seen lots of delays. I understand the frutration, but I’m not going let those folks turn these forums into a toxc wasteland of bitterness and trolling.

Again, I'm assuming this has to do with the other forum thread, I haven't been playing the game for a long time. Just popping in and out of the forums or twitter once every few weeks when I remember this game exists and seeing if anything is posted. Not sure what was said there, and I'm sure lots of negativity. I'm not here to badger you about what you could have done better, since I'm sure you're already aware that's what causes this place to turn into this toxic wasteland.

Silk wrote:
I have enough to worry about with recovering from the health crisis that has knocked me out for the past couple years. I’m not going to play your internet melodrama games and pretend like the stakes are super high here. I haven’t done anything wrong, and no one is as disappointed as I am that the expansion isn’t out yet.

It's obvious health comes first, and in that respect everyone can agree. Nobody wants to get blasted with "feel better" messages and so on, so it's understandable that nothing has been posted, but again even a yearly update telling us you're just not ready to work on it whatever the situation may be would've helped.

Maybe this post seems selfish, and if so then crucify me...

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:15 am

kekisha wrote:
I hope your family is well too. Take care.

Thank you - my family is doing great. As crappy as my health has been, I couldn't have been luckier as a parent in having such amazing kiddos.

Ducky wrote:
I'm sure you understand the frustration of seeing no communication for two years.

It seems like you've made a lot of incorrect assumptions. You should have taken bit of time to find out what's actually been happening before jumping to conclusions.

I've written about my health and the status of development several times in the past two years in forum posts just like this one, and I've been responding to emails as best I can. Anyone genuinely interested in the state of the game has been able to quickly find out what's been going on and then manage their expectations accordingly. It's all far from being an ideal situation, but much further from the picture you've painted of me being completely MIA for two years with no communication.

I completely understand why players are frustrated. I'm not here rejecting those frustrations, I'm refuting the character attacks and lies being spread by a small segment of toxic players who have completely lost touch with reality.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:38 pm
Profile WWW

Silk wrote:
Jozeppi wrote:
Well, while we still don’t see things eye to eye, I do owe you a “Thank you,” because I’ve been chuckling all afternoon at the mental imagery of a disheveled man shouting obscenities, living at the airport.

I very much appreciate that you acknowledged and considered my point of view, regardless of whether or not you ultimately agree with it.

Johnmichael wrote:
Didn't Tom Hanks make a movie with just this premise? Maybe minus the obscenities.

Yeah, but if Tom Hanks were to star in a movie about NEStalgia then he’d have to play the role of Spiff, as he’s the most universably likeable character.

I get a Dan Aykroyd vibe from you.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:10 pm

Oh hey, Silk, your mods haven't been able to move for quite some time. They've sent in bug reports and stuff but haven't been able to get a hold of you. Could you fix that? Sickjin and one other person I'll try to get the name of are having this issue.
Glad your family is doing well though : )

Silk wrote:
It seems like you've made a lot of incorrect assumptions. You should have taken bit of time to find out what's actually been happening before jumping to conclusions.

I've written about my health and the status of development several times in the past two years in forum posts just like this one, and I've been responding to emails as best I can. Anyone genuinely interested in the state of the game has been able to quickly find out what's been going on and then manage their expectations accordingly. It's all far from being an ideal situation, but much further from the picture you've painted of me being completely MIA for two years with no communication.

Sorry, but it really hasn't been that way... We haven't been able to "quickly find out what's been going on" at all... The last tweet was on January 9th, 2017 (almost 2 years ago) talking about the price on steam. Same with Facebook (though nobody uses that anymore) The Blog last updated in 2016.

Using this link that you gave as a guide, here's your longest absense over the past 2 years. (search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=12&start=30)
Sun Aug 20, 2017-Fri Apr 13, 2018 (8 months)
Thu Nov 10, 2016- Fri Jun 23, 2017 (7 months)
You've posted on 9 different days (it was 6 days before last week) since your first absence back in November of 2016.

Also finding that link was a stroke of luck, I wouldn't really call it easy to find what's been happening.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:15 pm

Johnmichael wrote:

Best compliment I’ve received in a long time.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:17 pm
Profile WWW

Tbh I don't much care that I can't move anymore, I used the game as a chat room for a year before the bug and I can still use it as a chat room now, I'm just forever stuck in the Ardan Inn.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:51 am

Silk wrote:
Johnmichael wrote:

Best compliment I’ve received in a long time.

You just gonna ignore me?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:10 am

Silk wrote:
I’m hoping to get them back online next week.

Servers are still down FYI.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:01 pm

Beowulf wrote:
Silk wrote:
I’m hoping to get them back online next week.

Servers are still down FYI.

still down that's nice.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:22 pm

>Yeah, but if Tom Hanks were to star in a movie about NEStalgia then he’d have to play the role of Spiff, as he’s the most universably likeable character.

Where the heck has Spiff been anyway? He was so likeable!

-Z

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:30 pm

Sickjin wrote:
I'm just forever stuck in the Ardan Inn.

Drinkin' at the old McDuff's?

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:32 pm

SilentZ wrote:
Sickjin wrote:
I'm just forever stuck in the Ardan Inn.

Drinkin' at the old McDuff's?

No, I'm upstairs in the second bedroom.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Can't seem to get out of bed, huh?

Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2